Greenwood Direct Support Professional-FT/PT/Weekends Only
- - Residential Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Variable Hour
- Direct Care
- Tangram offers eligible employees a competitive benefits package which includes health, life, dental, vision, critical illness, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and paid time off, insured benefits available for individuals working 30+ hours a week
Become a Direct Support Professional (DSP) at Tangram. Our DSPs support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a home setting so that these individuals they support can achieve personal independence and active community participation.
Compensation: The starting rate for DSPs working in Marion, Johnson and Hamilton counties is $12.24/hour.
Position Requirements: Qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, reliable vehicle and auto insurance. Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- High school diploma or GED,
- Valid driver's license,
- Acceptable driving record,
- Reliable vehicle,
- Auto insurance,
- Available to work every other weekend,
- Physically comfortable assisting with pivot transfers and hoyer-lift transfers of individuals (lift about 25 pounds),
- Preference will be given to individuals with at least six (6) months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities,
- Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential is also a plus.
Position Details: As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you would be responsible for assisting each client according to his/her unique needs.
Make a difference in someone's life by teaching, assisting, facilitating and building on the individual's strengths in the areas of: Meal planning and food preparation; Shopping for groceries, clothing, and personal necessities; Budgeting and bill payment; Housekeeping and laundry; Personal hygiene; Recreation; Socialization; Health and safety; Self-advocacy; and Employment.
As a DSP, you might be asked to perform the following job duties:
- Actively engaging in creating and maintaining a healthy and safe environment specific to each client,
- Discovering and fostering activities that promote a meaningful day,
- Introducing clients to new experiences and relationships,
- Working one-on-one to support our clients to learn new skills for daily living and growth,
- Understanding and utilizing individualized plans,
- Coordinating appointments and schedules,
- Transporting clients as needed,
- Providing personal care,
- Enthusiastically embracing and promoting the mission and values of the organization,
- Completing all documentation in a professional, accurate and timely manner,
- And other duties as assigned.