Part-Time Accounting Clerk
- - Fiscal
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Part-Time Accounting Clerk
- Initiates effective communication with all team members.
- Promotes respectful, open and trustworthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastically embraces and promotes through all actions the mission and values of the organization.
- Engages actively in quality assurance relating to client finance and accounts receivable processes
- Maintains the integrity of the client finance and accounts receivable process
- Identifies problems and offers solutions relating to organization's financial processes
Key Areas of Accountability/Essential Elements
1. Financial Support
- Assists accounting manager in gathering documentation necessary and submission of documentation for annual client Medicaid redeterminations and Social Security reporting.
- Responsible for all client receivables and for tracking of payments using accounting software.
- Responsible for monthly documentation, reporting, and bank reconciliations for all rep payee and clients that Tangram has financial management over.
- Responsible for monthly reminders and follow up with clients through email.
- Responsible for creating and entering assigned monthly journal entries by the scheduled month end deadline.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of assigned general ledger and bank accounts by the scheduled month end deadline.
- Responsible for performing monthly review of client finances and performing regularly schedule client financial audits.
- This includes but is not limited to the monthly independent review of transactions and determining if transactions are appropriate or need a higher level review, based on knowledge of the client's spending, budget and other factors surrounding the client's financial circumstances.
2. Client Data Administration
- Scans and files client financial and other documents in the appropriate client folder in a timely manner.
3. Administrative Support
- Provides clerical support to the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager as needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer some college experience. Education beyond high school can be substituted for experience. Advanced computer skills required. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
2. Work Experience: Prefer 2 to 4 years of administrative clerical and bookkeeping experience.
3. General Requirements: Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, meet agency's driver insurability requirements, reliable vehicle, and up to date automobile insurance.
Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability: The degree to which the employee is able to maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with varying tasks, responsibilities, or people.
- Ability to Learn: The degree to which the employee is able to assimilate and apply, in a timely manner, new job related information that may vary in complexity.
- Teamwork: The degree to which the employee works effectively with teams, work groups, or those outside formal lines of authority in order to accomplish assignments or goals; takes action that respects the needs and contributions of others.
- Planning and Organization: The degree to which the employee establishes a course of action for himself or herself in order to accomplish assignments or goals.
- Judgment: the degree to which the employee is able to develop alternative courses of action and make decisions that are based on logical assumptions and that reflect factual information.
- Problem Solving: the degree to which the employee is able to secure relevant information, compare and contrast data from a number of different sources, identify key issues and their relationships as well as their impact on situations or problems. In addition, determine alternative courses of action that will have a positive effect.
- Written Communication: The degree to which the employee is able to express ideas clearly in writing which demonstrates a sound knowledge of organization, grammar, language and terminology adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the intended audience.
- Oral Communication: The degree to which the employee is able to verbally express ideas and/or convey information respectfully, clearly and effectively in one on one or group situations.
- Customer Service: The degree to which the employee makes an effort to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external) and anticipates customer needs, giving high priority to customer's satisfaction.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media