Community Resource Professional-FT/PT-Marion County
- - Residential Services
- 46062, IN, USA
- Starts at $12.24
- Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
- Direct Care
- Tangram offers benefits to all eligible employees.
Job Summary: Directly assist individuals with optimizing their personal, social, and vocational opportunities by providing research, access and support to assist with individuals as they participate in community life. Examples include but are not limited to: leisure and recreational activities, volunteerism, self-advocacy, health and wellness promotion, accessing and utilizing public transportation, cultural and spiritual activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Collaborate with the Program Manager, Community Resource Coordinator and/or Community Resource Manager, the individual, and other team members, to develop a person centered profile to identify community interests.
• Work with the clients' team members to update the community goals as needed.
• Implement ISP in areas of recreation, socialization, and self-advocacy. Assists consumers in the development of meaningful connections by acting as a "bridge builder" to establish greater ties to the community and to support the development of friendships.
• Responsible for identifying potential barriers to community involvement, including but not limited to environmental, attitudinal, and economic barriers.
• Responsible for identifying community resources which could enhance the individual's quality of life and which could help meet the goals of the consumer.
• Research and identify community inclusion resources and activities available in their metropolitan area.
• Maintain a positive and facilitative role with consumers to encourage independence.
• Troubleshoot a participation barriers with the community based and volunteer driven activities.
• Present a proactive, professional image, modeling a healthy life style for consumers, staff, and the community.
• Build bridges between clients and their communities so that necessary supports are in place to insure success.
• Provide support, structure, and guidance to help individuals overcome life issues that are keeping them from realizing their dreams.
• Participate in client quarterly meetings either directly or by report, to provide updates on community activities.
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required; may substitute with relevant experience.
2. Work Experience: Experience in a human service field and/or experience with individuals with developmental or other disabilities.
3. General Requirements: Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, meet agency's driver insurability requirements, reliable vehicle, and up to date automobile insurance.
4. Working Conditions: This position may require bending, lifting and stooping. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
5. Training Requirements during Employment: Must maintain CPR and first aid certification, must pass Core A and B Medication Administration, must stay current on all other training as defined by state, accreditation body or agency guidelines.
6. Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
A. Adaptability: The degree to which the employee is able to maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with varying tasks, responsibilities, or people.
B. Tolerance for Stress: The degree to which the employee maintains acceptable performance under pressure and/or opposition (e.g. time pressure, job ambiguity) and relieves stress in a way that is acceptable to the organization.
C. Teamwork: The degree to which the employee works effectively with teams, work groups, or those outside formal lines of authority in order to accomplish assignments or goals; takes action that respects the needs and contributions of others.
D. Written Communication: The degree to which the employee is able to express ideas clearly in writing which demonstrates a sound knowledge of organization, grammar, language and terminology adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the intended audience.
E. Oral Communication: The degree to which the employee is able to verbally express ideas and/or convey information clearly and effectively in one on one or group situations.
F. Customer Service: The degree to which the employee makes an effort to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external) and anticipates customer needs, giving high priority to customer's satisfaction.