Southside Indianapolis Direct Support Professional-FT/PT/Weekends Only
- - Residential Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time, Part Time, and Weekends-only positions are currently available.
- Direct Care
- Tangram offers benefits to all employees that are eligible.
Are you enthusiastic about working with people?
Motivated about making a difference for others?
Dedicated to a career in working with individuals with disabilities?
Become a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Tangram. Our DSPs support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a home setting so that these individuals they support can achieve personal independence and active community participation.
Tangram creates extraordinary lives for persons living with disability... far beyond what most believe is possible. As a United Way 501(c)3 community benefit organization, Tangram helps individuals with disabilities and their families plan, support and sustain ways to live actively and independently within their communities throughout central Indiana.
At Tangram, we believe that living with purpose and meaning is important to every individual, and that includes our employees, too. We offer every staff member the opportunity to experience our uniquely creative, holistic, and transformative approach to serving persons living with disability. We look for employees who are...
- Dedicated to a career in working with individuals with disabilities,
- Engaged in their communities,
- Enthusiastic about working with people,
- Motivated about making a difference for others with innovative approaches, and
- Respectful of our commitment to create extraordinary lives for individuals with disabilities.
If you live this vision every day, please consider applying.
Make a difference in someone's life by teaching, assisting, facilitating and building on the individual's strengths in the areas of: Meal planning and food preparation; Shopping for groceries, clothing, and personal necessities; Budgeting and bill payment; Housekeeping and laundry; Personal hygiene; Recreation; Socialization; Health and safety; Self-advocacy; and Employment.
As a DSP, you might be asked to perform the following job duties:
- Actively engaging in creating and maintaining a healthy and safe environment specific to each client,
- Discovering and fostering activities that promote a meaningful day,
- Introducing clients to new experiences and relationships,
- Working one-on-one to support our clients to learn new skills for daily living and growth,
- Understanding and utilizing individualized plans,
- Coordinating appointments and schedules,
- Transporting clients as needed,
- Providing personal care,
- Enthusiastically embracing and promoting the mission and values of the organization,
- Completing all documentation in a professional, accurate and timely manner,
- And other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
The starting rate for DSPs is $12.24/hour.
Qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, reliable vehicle and auto insurance. Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- High school diploma or GED,
- Valid driver's license,
- Acceptable driving record,
- Reliable vehicle,
- Auto insurance,
- Available to work every other weekend,
- Physically comfortable assisting with pivot transfers and hoyer-lift transfers of individuals (lift about 25 pounds),
- Preference will be given to individuals with at least six (6) months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities,
- Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential is also a plus.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE READ THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- You must complete this application on your own. If you are unable to do so and would like assistance, please contact HR by calling our main line at (317) 571-1042.
- You must check your e-mail for information about next steps after completing the application and survey. All communication regarding open positions is conducted via e-mail.
Tangram is a Drug-Free Workplace and EEO / AA Employer.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.